We are committed to adopting and maintaining best practice in governance.
The QQI board makes decisions about QQI policies and key functions such as:
- Approval of all policy and approaches to policy
- Strategic planning, corporate planning and approval of annual reports
- Approval of financial accounts
- Withdrawal of approval of quality assurance procedures
- Withdrawal of programme validation
- Delegation of authority to a provider to make awards
- Withdrawal or variation of delegated authority to make awards
The Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science appoints non-executive board members. These include at least two learner representatives and at least one person with international experience. The board is appointed for five years.
The QQI board and QQI employees are required to abide by a Code of Conduct.
A number of sub-board committees assist with academic and other key areas of governance: