We are committed to adopting and maintaining best practice in governance.
The QQI board makes decisions about QQI policies and key functions such as:
- Approval of all policy and approaches to policy
- Strategic planning, corporate planning and approval of annual reports
- Approval of financial accounts
- Withdrawal of approval of quality assurance procedures
- Withdrawal of programme validation
- Delegation of authority to a provider to make awards
- Withdrawal or variation of delegated authority to make awards
The Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science appoints non-executive board members. These include at least two learner representatives and at least one person with international experience. The board is appointed for five years. The term of the board ended on 5 November 2022.
The QQI board and QQI employees are required to abide by a Code of Conduct.
Dr Padraig Walsh
CEO, Quality and Qualifications Ireland
Mr Blake Hodkinson
Director of Further Education and Training, City of Dublin Education and Training Board
Ms. Clodagh McGivern
Vice-President for Academic Affairs, Union of Students in Ireland (USI)
Professor Irene Sheridan
Head of Munster Technological University Extended Campus