Working at QQI
A career at QQI offers you a unique opportunity to deliver important services and regulation across the further and higher education and training sector
We offer an excellent total rewards package that places the wellbeing of employees at the forefront of company policy. We are proud that, in recognition of our commitment to health and wellbeing initiatives, we have been awarded the KeepWell Mark, a workplace wellbeing accreditation from Ibec (the Irish Business and Employers Confederation).
Our rewards package includes a range of excellent benefits for our employees.
- Our public service salary scales are competitive, transparent and incremental.
- All of our employees are members of the public service pension scheme. New entrants to the public sector will join the Single Public Service Pension Scheme.
- We support and encourage a very strong work/life balance ethic and provide a generous annual leave allowance in addition to a range of attractive policies. These policies include flexible working hours, a shorter working year, work-sharing, carer's leave and remote working.
- We provide full pay for maternity leave, adoptive leave, parent's leave and paternity leave.
- We are flexible with how staff use their parental leave entitlements.
- We provide paid sick leave in line with the public service sick leave scheme.
- We have a range of services that are provided by the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). The service includes confidential telephone and face-to-face counselling, parent and career coaching and an online wellbeing portal. There is also a specialist information service, which provides information on finance, legal, mortgage and consumer matters.
- We maintain a generous learning and development budget to continue to invest and encourage lifelong learning for all our staff. We strongly support a culture of continuous learning and provide staff with a range of formal and informal learning opportunities. This includes academic and educational advancements, coaching and mentoring. We also provide fully paid leave for studying and exams.
- Our staff engagement focus group implements an exciting range of initiatives for staff. These include online fitness classes, coffee mornings, regular wellbeing workshops, health and nutrition advice, mental health first-aid training, social activities and the opportunity to participate in various charity events. There really is something for everyone!
- We provide a salary saving scheme with the Public Service Credit Union.
- We accommodate multiple tax-saver options for various transport providers and also endorse the bike-to-work scheme.
- We accommodate a number of health insurance deductions and other payroll deductions.
Building trusting relationships and encouraging communications
We provide a climate of trust and participation in an open, equal and transparent environment.
Promoting integrity, dignity and respect
We are committed to providing a safe working environment in which all employees are treated fairly, honestly, and with dignity and respect.
Embracing lifelong learning
As a learning organisation we are committed to maximising the potential of our staff by developing their knowledge, skills and competencies and promoting a culture of lifelong learning.
Excellence in service delivery
We lead a culture that acknowledges and values high performance and continuous improvement. We implement best practices in human resource policies and systems that are aimed at achieving the highest standards of professionalism and management.
Promoting fairness, transparency and equality in the workplace
We are an equal opportunities employer and create an environment of transparency and accountability for all of our decisions. We adopt a proactive approach that places human resources and staff engagement at the centre of QQI’s decision-making process.