One of QQI’s most important responsibilities is ensuring that an education provider’s quality assurance procedures are effective.
The main way we do this is through the external review process. The aim of this process is to provide an external review of the effectiveness and implementation of a provider’s own internal quality assurance procedures.
- Review policy
- Schedule for CINNTE review cycle
- Review terms of reference - Universities and other DABs
- Addendum for review of TUs
- Review terms of reference - Independent and Private Providers
- CINNTE Handbook for DABs
- CINNTE Handbook for TUs
- CINNTE Handbook for Independent and Private Providers
- Virtual guidelines for review
- Terms of reference for NUI review
Joining a QQI Review Team
Reviews are conducted on behalf of QQI by teams of external reviewers. These teams bring together individuals from a range of diverse backgrounds, and include learners, employers, QA experts, and education and training practitioners.
You can find out more about the roles and responsibilities of QQI’s reviewers in QQI’s Roles, Responsibilities and Code of Conduct for Reviewers and Evaluators.
Being part of a review team is an opportunity to meet peers, develop professionally and receive insight into current practice in the tertiary education sector in Ireland. If you want to be included in QQI's pool of quality reviewers and become a member of one of our review teams, please submit your details for consideration using this link.