I am a new provider
What you need to offer programmes leading to QQI awards
If you are a new provider wishing to offer programmes leading to QQI awards, you must apply to QQI for:
- QA approval
- Validation of your first programme(s) through a process called Initial Access to Validation (IAV)
The purpose of the IAV process is to assist a provider in developing an appropriate quality assurance system to promote and support quality in its programmes and services.
Through this process, providers can learn about those areas of provision that QQI considers crucial, as well as how to approach establishing a quality system that incorporates both operational procedures and a system of review to monitor the effectiveness of those procedures.
If you are interested in learning more about initial access to programme validation with QQI, please contact us through our QHelp service, making sure to select 'Expression of Interest' from the dropdown menu.
Please note that you will be asked to provide an email address and create a password on Qhelp.
Sector Specific Guidelines (all four below)
- Statutory Quality Assurance Guidelines developed by QQI for Independent/Private Providers coming to QQI on a Voluntary Basis
- Statutory Quality Assurance Guidelines developed by QQI for Designated Awarding Bodies
- Statutory Quality Assurance Guidelines developed by QQI for Institutes of Technology (other than DIT)
- Statutory Quality Assurance Guidelines developed by QQI for Education and Training Boards