The Freedom of Information Act 2014 determines the following legal rights:
- The right to access records held by QQI
- The right to have personal information in a record amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading
- The right to obtain reasons for decisions taken by QQI affecting you
You can ask for the following records held by QQI:
- Any records relating to you personally, whenever they were created
- All other records (non-personal) created after 21 April 1998
How to Apply
You should make your request in writing to:
The FOI Officer
Quality and Qualifications Ireland
26-27 Denzille Lane
- Your application should refer to the Freedom of Information Act. If your application for information does not mention the Act, it will be dealt with as an ordinary request for information.
- Please ensure that you describe the information you are looking for in the greatest detail possible to enable us to identify the relevant records. If possible, please indicate the time-frame which applies to your request, for example, between May 2011 and December 2011.
- Requests for non-personal information require an application fee of €15 (€10 for medical card holders). Cheques or postal orders should be made out to Quality and Qualifications Ireland.
- If you are not satisfied with the information you receive in response to a request and would like to appeal the decision, you can apply for an internal review.
- Requests for internal review require an application fee of €75 (€25 for medical card holders). There is no fee for an internal review of a request for personal information or in the case of a late decision on a non-personal request.
FOI Publication Scheme
Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish a scheme concerning the publication of information. This allows for the publication or giving of records outside of FOI provided that such publication or giving of access is not prohibited by law. The Minister is of the view that FOI bodies should publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act.
The QQI FOI Publication Scheme is shown in the headings below. Each link leads to a listing of the relevant information. If the information you require cannot be found here, you can search the QQI website for more information using the search box on the top of the home page, or you may wish to contact us using QHelp and we will route your enquiry to an appropriate staff member.
Who We Are
What We Do
How We Work
Who We Work With
Vision, Mission, Values
Statement of Strategy, Corporate Plans, Annual Reports