GROWING YOUR VISION FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
2nd QQI Conference on Quality Enhancement
“The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”
At this conference the higher education community including staff, student leaders and other stakeholders will explore the theme of “Using data for enhancement purposes” and have an opportunity to share and hear about innovative initiatives aimed at improving higher education provision in Ireland and the supporting quality structures.
This second conference in our quality enhancement programme will take place on Thursday 15 December 2016 in Dublin Castle Conference Centre. National and international speakers will share their own local experiences, leadership and institutional perspectives on enhancement activities.
Topics will include:
- Challenges associated with performance metrics
- Institutional collaboration on Global benchmarking
- Implications of Brexit and the new UK Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
- Survey of Student Engagement - a US perspective
- Professional Body accreditation in Ireland
- Impact of the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning
A broad range of parallel breakout sessions led by colleagues in higher education institutions and stakeholders from all fields and activities will present examples of initiatives and innovations in higher education, including:
• An industry perspective on new apprenticeships
• An update on ‘GURU’ – Next generation academic analysis
• The benefits and challenges of research evaluation
• Internationalisation - Have you categorised your collaborations and partnerships?
• Are you ready for the National Student Engagement Programme?
How to register
Please email conferencehe@QQI.ie and include your name, organisation and title/role. Dublin Castle has a limited capacity so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Let us know of any specific requirements, including dietary requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
There is no charge for this conference.
QQI HE Quality Enhancement Conference 2016
Dublin Castle Conference Centre, Thursday 15 December 2016, 8.30am- 4.30pm