QQI will host a conference in partnership with HEA, ISSE, IUA, THEA & USI on ‘Best Practice in Student-Centred Approaches in Education and Training’ at the Printworks in Dublin Castle on 20 November 2018.
This event is aimed at those interested in Academic Affairs, Teaching & Learning, Student Experience, Quality Assurance, Community Engagement and International Student Learning.
This conference will explore many areas including:
• How can we implement student-centred approaches and support student engagement with real impact in higher and further education and training?
• What does best practice in student engagement look and feel like?
• Who is leading the way in placing the student at the heart of teaching and learning?
Educators and students throughout the country will come together to discuss these questions and much more.
Attendees will also hear the perspectives of international and national experts, students, educators and policy-makers in a range of diverse areas:
• Student Engagement Practices
• Higher Education and some Further Education and Training Approaches
• International Student Experience
• Apprenticeship Entry
• Community Engagement
• Updates from the Irish Survey of Student Engagement
This event offers a series of keynote addresses, break-out sessions, panel discussions and poster sessions which will:
• Showcase successful national and institutional level student-centred initiatives and demonstrate their impact on the quality of teaching and learning
• Present best practice by Irish higher education institutions in using data to drive student-centred approaches
• Highlight programmes such as Campus Engage which place students at the heart of their activities
• Consider national policy approaches in Further Education & Training and how partnerships across the sector can create impact
• Reflect on achievements to date and how we can continue to collaborate in driving student engagement.
A full Agenda and Programme for the day is being developed and will be made available, once the details are finalised. Registration 9am - Full day event
To view Programme for day click here For more information on the Breakout sessions click here You can register for the conference here.
The event, hosted by QQI is also partnered by the Higher Education Authority, the Irish Survey of Student Engagement, the Irish Universities Association, the Technological Higher Education Association and the Union of Students of Ireland.