A provider of a programme subject to section 65(1) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 (the 2012 Act) is required to submit details in writing to QQI of the arrangements the provider has in place in accordance with section 65(4) of the 2012 Act when making:
• An application for validation,
• A request for delegated authority to make an award, or
• A proposal under section 53(7) of the 2012 Act.
QQI will not accept an application for validation or a request for delegated authority if it considers that the arrangements do not comply with the arrangements required by section 65 of the 2012 Act. Acceptance of an application may not be interpreted to imply that QQI confirms the efficacy of the arrangements required by section 65.
Providers should refer to the following protocols and guidelines.
PEL Protocols and Guidelines
• Protection of Enrolled Learners: Protocols for Implementation of Part 6 of the 2012 Act
• Guidelines for Providers 2014, Operating Principles for PEL Arrangements of Providers
• Protocols for Protection of Enrolled Learners - Guidelines for Providers