Exploring QQI’s Green Paper on Assessment
On 12 November, Quality and Qualifications Ireland and the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education will jointly host an event bringing together representatives from the higher education and training sector, to discuss issues relating to the assessment of learners and learning.
The main purpose of the event is to provide the opportunity for participants to discuss the current opportunities and challenges of assessment in higher education.
QQI recently published a Green Paper on Assessment
. The Green Paper sets out a framework and context for discussing a wide range of assessment issues. It identifies issues of concern and presents ideas about how some of them might be tackled.
Conference participants will be given the opportunity to identify key messages/issues/ideas that should be given consideration in the green paper.
Discussions at the workshops will be informed by QQI’s Green Paper on Assessment of Learners and Learning. This document aims to stimulate discussions between QQI and its stakeholders on key issues in assessment such as:
• Why is assessment important?
• What is our understanding of assessment of learners and learning?
• How does assessment support learning, quality, equality, standards and qualifications?
• What is the use of learning outcomes?
• How do we embrace the concept of assessment of, for and as learning?
• How do current standards and educational awards affect assessment?
• How do practitioners adapt to developments in assessment practice?
• How do we design assessment in the context of diversity of learners, RPL etc?
• How do we engage learners as partners in assessment?
• Can we ensure consistency in assessment of apprenticeships?
• How do we promote and support academic integrity?
Let's Talk About Assessment – Higher Education and Training
Monday 12 November
The Alex Hotel, Fenian Street, Dublin 2
Registration: 9.30 -16.00
Keynote details here
Conference Programme click here.
Event Registration is now Closed.
Green Paper Submissions
The QQI Green Paper on Assessment can be read in full here. Written responses to the Green Paper should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 December 2018.